Influence Graphics Annual Award for Design Excellence
Are you a graphic design or visual design student? Do you think you have an award winning design?
Submit your best design for chance at a $1,500 college scholarship & nationwide recognition!
As a commercial printing company in New York City, we see all kinds of graphic designs for brochure, booklets, posters and so much more. Some of those designs are out of this world and some, sad to say, are not so good.
Here at Influence Graphics we love great design so we’re doing our part to support and encourage the graphic design community. Our annual graphic/visual design scholarship is offered for students who are majoring in graphic
design or related applied arts and have exceptional creative abilities.
All submitted works must be digitally created, and be based in visual communication design such as:
- Graphic design
- Industrial design
- 3D designs
Each year’s winner will have their design featured on the Influence Graphics website, a site visited by some of New York City’s leading print buyers, creative directors, production managers, designers and graphic artists.
The winner will also receive a large-format (up to 96×48 inch) copy of their work, printed on our state-of-the-art Epson Surecolor high resolution printer, free of charge.
- Scholarships will be awarded annually. The current number of scholarship awards: 1 each year
- To apply for the scholarship, applicant must be a U.S. Citizen or Permanent Legal Resident of the United States and may not be an associate (employee) of any division of Jurist Influence Group or Influence Graphics.
- You must be currently enrolled as an undergraduate student at an accredited 2-year or 4-year college or university for the academic 2020/2021 year and have a cumulative grade point average (GPA) of at least 2.75 on a 4-point scale
- Graduate Students: We’re sorry, this scholarship is currently only open to incoming freshmen and undergraduate students.
- Deadline to submit your design by midnight June 1st, 2021
How to Apply (2 Step Process)
- First, upload your design (please provide the highest-res copy you have, or native file) to our file transfer portal HERE. Be sure to include your name, email address, and in the “customer service rep” field use the subject “scholarship entry”.
- Second, send an email using this link to give us your 300 word description of your design. Tell us what motivated you to create the design and what you hope the viewer takes away from your design.
Make sure your email includes your name (as it appears on your file upload) so we can match up the files you submit with your 300 word description. And on the email subject line please add “scholarship entry”
- Quality of design
- Creativity of design
- Ability of the design to “move” the viewer (emotionally or call to action)
The Fine Print
The institution must be accredited and listed on the official website of the U.S. Department of Education. Applicants attending military academies are ineligible for this scholarship. All school transfers are subject to accreditation approval.
Responsibilities of Recipients:
The recipient must be actively enrolled full-time as a freshman, sophomore, junior, or senior for the entire academic year without interruption, barring illness, emergency or military service.
It is the recipient’s responsibility to verify receipt of funds with their designated institution and notify Influence Graphics should the award check not arrive within 30 days from the issue date.
Responsibilities of Influence Graphics:
Influence Graphics does not collect information from visitors participating in this scholarship program in any way other than specified on the scholarship’s official rules page. Contact information submitted through application will not
be used for any solicitations or extraneous emails and will not be shared with any third-party entities. Influence Graphics will retain the right to use all submitted artwork for the sole purpose of promotion of the Influence Graphics
Award for Design Excellence Scholarship. All submissions may be copied, reposted or displayed online by Influence Graphics, in whole or part, without notification. The artist(s) retains all rights to their artwork.
Distribution of Scholarship Funds
The selected recipient will receive a one-time $1,500 educational scholarship to be applied to qualified expenses, including undergraduate tuition, fees, books and on-campus room and board.
Payments issued by Influence Graphics are made payable to the student’s approved college or university and mailed directly to the accredited college or university’s Financial Aid or Bursar’s office.